Thursday, October 26, 2023
APS Virtual National Council Meeting, Wednesday, November 15, 2023
The National Council meeting will occur virtually in Toronto on Wednesday, November 15, 2023, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
On Thursday, November 16, 2023, from 9 a.m. to noon, the session will begin with the Members’ Annual General Assembly, followed by the National Executive Committee.
Please note that two votes for amendments to the APS By-Laws will take place at the Members’ Annual General Assembly.
The delegates from the different regions of the country will meet to decide on the orientations of the association and learn about the various work activities in the life of the union. The National President, the National Secretary, the National Treasurer, and the General Manager will provide an annual review of their respective areas of concern. At the same time, delegates will inform the assembly of their preoccupations and realities in the regional Round table event. The officers on the committees to which APS belongs will also report on their activities.
Members’ Annual General Assembly
The day after the National Council, Thursday, November 16, 2023, the Members’ Annual General Meeting starts at 9 a.m.
APS By-Laws – Section 15: Amendments
The Association may make, modify or amend By-laws or regulations by resolution sanctioned by two-thirds (2/3) of members who exercise their right to vote at an annual or special General Assembly of members.
The voting period will begin at 10 a.m.
Proposal 1: Modification to Article 9.09 of the APS By-Laws
- Whereas the summer period is one where several APS members are on annual leave;
- Whereas the end of the summer period heralds the start of a new season at CBC and is, therefore, a hectic period;
- Whereas the deadline of September 7 forces the holding of the annual meetings of the members of the locals of Toronto and Montreal in a period which limits the participation of the members in this important democratic body;
Be it resolved that September 7 be replaced by October 15 in clause 9.09 of the APS By-Laws.
Proposal 2: Modification to Article 8.07 of the APS By-Laws – National Executive Committee meetings
- Whereas the APS By-Laws provide for the obligation to hold 2 of the 4 annual meetings in person;
- Whereas it is important to balance work and personal life;
- Whereas participation by videoconference does not cause additional costs;
- Whereas it is, however, preferable to hold these 2 meetings in person;
- Whereas a balance must be favoured;
Be it resolved to modify clause 8.07 so that it reflects that although it is not mandatory to participate in person, it is preferable and recommended that 2 of the 4 National Executive Committee meetings take place in person.
National Executive Committee Meeting
The Annual General Assembly will be followed by a meeting with the Officers of the National Executive Committee.
Financial Statements year ended 30 June 2023
Members in good standing who require access to the Association’s financial statements for 2022–2023 may submit their request at: firstname.lastname@example.org
An invitation open to the voting members will follow very soon to attend the National Council and the Members Annual General Assembly virtual meetings.
It is possible to register as a participating member (member in good standing)
until Monday, November 13, 2023, at 5 p.m., to attend the National Council and to cast your vote at the Members’ Annual General Assembly.